2.06.2009

Sickness Never Ends!


It has been a long couple of weeks! We have all been sick. Here is a run down:

Braelyn gets sick first...with the flu. Then Rhett gets sick. After a few days, he gets better. Dax and I are going strong...until the following week. I get sick. Start feeling a little better and hope Dax doesn't catch any of our sicknesses. Wishful thinking, huh! The next day, wake up, Daxten's eyes are all watery and really red. Pink eye! Weird! No one has had that yet. Take him to the Doctor , find out he has a double ear infection on top of that. Fabulous! Start him on his antibiotic. Next week, take Dax back to the Doctor, but this time we went to see his ENT Doctor. Daxten has HUGE tonsils. The Doctor refers to them has "kissing tonsils" because they touch. Anyway, he snores really bad. I mean REALLY BAD! He will also stop breathing for a few seconds when he sleeps. Pretty scary! He needs to get them taken out. I have been putting this off because it breaks my heart knowing the pain he will have to go through for awhile. But I know he will be better off. We schedule his surgery for 2 weeks. (keep in mind he is still sick and now has a horrible cough) The ENT Doctor told me I can only give him Tylenol because Motrin and Ibuprofen are blood thinners. I'm pretty bummed because Tylenol never works for him. Well his fever continues and never breaks. After 3 days of antibiotics, tylenol every 4 hours, still no luck! My motherly instincts kick in. Due to the fact that Dax has had RSV every year since he's been born, I was certain he had it again. I took him to the Doctor today and sure enough, he has RSV. They took chest x-rays to be sure he didn't have pneumonia. His chest looks good, but it can easily turn into that. Since he has had RSV in the past, we had the nebulizer machine. We did a few treatments at the Doctor and will continue doing them 3 times a day at home. As for the surgery, we have put if off for a few more weeks until he is 100% better. Fine by me!! :) I am thrilled to be able to give him motrin!

Thanks for letting me vent about our crazy few days/weeks. I am so anxious for warm weather!!

7 comments:

jakenapril said...

me too...bring on the sunshine! wow! you have been one busy girl...do you need a break? we will have to get together when your "sick drama" is over.

Hope said...

Wyatt is getting his tonsils out on Tuesday because they are MONSTERS. I'll have to let you know how it goes.

P.S. Who's your ENT?

Diamond in the Rough said...

Wow, what a whirl wind of events. It's scary to get their tonsils out, Jackson and Emma have both had their out and while it's super sad to see them go through the pain, give them a week or so and they feel so much better. My kids no longer snore or quit breathing at night which is a huge relief. Easton had RSV too and we worry every year. Hang in there and let me know if you need anything.
--Joleen Haag

The Parks Fam said...

Soooooo Sorry about the RSV!! I totally know how you feel! Madden got it at 3 1/2 weeks old and spent 4 days up at Primarys. Pretty scary stuff. We have a nebulizer now too so im prepared for the next time. This has been such an awful Winter. Hope you guys get healthy soon, and good luck with the surgery!

sexychoco said...

Oh, poor Dax! :( Give him a big hug and kiss for me!!

Stacy said...

Your poor family! Sickness certainly is hard to keep contained. Our house has been the same with everyone passing it on. It's so hard. I hope Dax is doind better. Please let me know if you guys need anything. We are so close it would be easy to help out.

Josie said...

No wonder I haven't seen you forever! Poor kids, and poor mommy! I think putting off the tonsils for a few weeks will be a good thing. You wouldn't want to go from being sick for two weeks to getting tonsils out....trust me. When Alex got his out, it was a LOOOONG two weeks! Good luck, Hopefully Dax will do better than Alex did.