2.11.2009

Sugar Cookies!



Braelyn has been begging me to make cookies she can frost by herself. So today we made Valentine sugar cookies. I finally had a reason to use my Kitchen Aid. I got it for Christmas 2 years ago and have only used it once. Shows how much I cook! Homemade sugar cookies are always the best, but they make such a mess (especially when you have 2 little helpers) and they are so time consuming. It was well worth it though! We stayed in our pj's all day as you can see by the pictures. Love days like this! :)

Dax update....Dax is doing much better! The Doctor wants to wait 6 weeks before he has his tonsils out to make sure he is completely RSV free. We decided to take our family trip to Disneyland before the surgery. I'm looking forward to warmer weather, a week off of work (HOORAY!!) and just a fun time with the fam!

6 comments:

Johnson Fam said...

I am impressed. I have had a kitchen aid for 3yrs and have used it about the same as you. They are just so heavy but great for a bunch of cookies. What a fun memory for your kids. I am sorry to hear that Dax has had RSV. Not fun at all.

Party of Five said...

Yeah, you made cookies. Save me one. I am jealous you guys are going to Disneyland!!

Nat N Mike said...

WAHOO... We're coming with and I'm soooo excited.. Were gonna have a ball!!

jakenapril said...

oh i love sugar cookies too! but you're right though, they are time consuming. although i guess the end result makes up for that.
have fun at the happiest place on earth! hopefully that will be us too...soon! {everyone else is going!}

Triple A said...

I am so glad you are all feeling better...When will summer come?? Your cookies look yummy, I will have to get the recipe.

sexychoco said...

Cute, I want a cookie...:) haha..When is Disneyland?