5.13.2009

Update

I have been a huge blog slacker! I finally have some free time to write a quick update. Braelyn had her birthday party this past Saturday. She turns 5 on May 18th. I can't believe it! I am still in shock with the fact that she will be starting Kindergarten in August. So crazy!! Her party was fun! I found the cutest purse pinata! It was so fun watching all the girls try to break it! They were swinging the bat so hard. We finally had to give them a little hand.

In other news, our Company (Rhett and I work at the same place) laid off 500 employees this past week. I am thankful to say that we did not get impacted by this. It was a little scary! I had the feeling all along that we would be okay, and we were. I complain all the time about having to work! I'd much rather be home with my kids! I know I will eventually get to do that, but for now I need to be grateful for the fact that I am still employed, have amazing benefits, and I might add...I have been there for 10 freakin' years! Holy smokes! Anyway, here are some pics of Brae's party and a pic of the kids on Easter Sunday (for you Nat).






5 comments:

Nat N Mike said...

YEAH!!!! I kept looking in here thinking it was updated and it wasn't. Man that party looked fun, wish I could've been there. The pic of the kids on Sunday was cute. You should've had it up sooner you silly. I'm glad she had a fun birthday party. Lots of cute friends there. Love ya

jakenapril said...

happy birthday, brae! totally in your blog-slackin' boat...and it's okay. glad you still have a job--10 years! impress-much.

Josie said...

Cute! My kids pretty much had the same exact outfits your kids did on Easter! Check out my blog and see. We have great taste don't we?!?

Stacy said...

Such cute kids! Happy birthday Brae. I can't believe she is 5! It looks like it was a great party.

I'm glad you guys were ok with the lay offs. I heard about the office back east closing. It's amazing how bad things have gotten. You will be home with the kids soon. You are a great mom!

Haily Brian said...

They sure are getting big! They are so cute. I love the princess theme that fits her so well. I am glad you guys were safe and still have a job.